Grain Free Apple Crumble Recipe
I’m not sure if you’ve noticed (like, let’s say, if you live in Florida and what I’m about to say isn’t true for you), but its freezing outside.
All the time.
And I loveee piping hot food when its cold outside.
Like seriously. I love my food really, really hot. Burning hot. Its the one thing my boyfriend and I don’t have in common (okay, maybe there’s more than one thing, but this is obvi the point of greatest contention). When he reheats food, he reheats it to room temperature. I, on the other hand, want my food scorching. I don’t really understand what’s wrong with him. Lukewarm food is gross.
Anyway that just brings me back to my original point which is that hot food is delish. And hot applesauce, is tooo dieee foorrrr. This recipe is sort of crunchy, like an apple crumble, but sans grains or bread or the pain-in-the-butt of having to make grain-free bread from scratch. Yo’ welcome.
- 1 tsp organic butter
- 5 small apples, cored & diced (I left the peels on mine because I like the texture, but you can peel the apples if desired)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 2 Tbs flax seeds
- In a small pot, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the apples and water.
- Top with cinnamon, nutmeg & vanilla.
- Place the top on the pot and let the apples cook until soft; about ten minutes.
- When soft, add the almond butter and flax seeds. Mash the apples with a fork and remove from heat.
- Enjoy warm for breakfast or on the side with some nommy pumpkin pancakes. :)