14 Aug #RealFood Real Fast Salad (A #Recipe & A Google Hangout!)
A few weeks ago, I wrote a simple post on some real food ideas for busy folks who want to reap health without living in the kitchen cooking twenty four hours a day for my favorite site, Girl Gone Sporty!
Because, yes, its possible. I know because I am surriously busy, and even though I wish I could spend every living moment cookin’ in the kitchen, I simply cannot.
I’m insane & I signed up for a marathon (AGAIN). I really thought after how freakin’ awful I felt after the Philly Marathon last year I was never, ever going to run a marathon ever again. But… I don’t know. I have felt seriously strong & wonderful during runs lately. It helps that I am now living in a new city, & so I am obsessed with exploring & running everywhere!
ANYWAY– back to the Google Hangout. It was really fun to discuss with Laura Williams, a fellow health enthusiast, about her favorite recipes to use when she’s short on time. She has inspired me to keep canned tomatoes lying around. Curious why? Check out the Google Hangout recording here.
So, during the hangout, Laura & I discussed one of my all time most favorite quick fixes– an Italian flava-flave salad. I’m not a big salad lovah. They’re kinda boring. BUT! This salad is really incredibly flavorful, as well as simple. Its a total win when you’re in a time crunch & want something really filling.
- 6 cups of arugula (or other leafy green), chopped
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- Juice from half a lemon
- ½ can black olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a separate bowl, combine tuna, olives and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Combine leafy greens, tomatoes, spices, oil & vinegar. Toss.
- Top with tuna mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy a salad that's the opposite of boring!