02 Feb Coconut Cauli & Shrimps #Recipe #RealFood
I want summer.
I want grilled pineapple and ocean spray in my hair. I want all my freckles to pop because, try as I might, I’ll inevitably get sunburned. I want to run along the ocean in a sports bra. I want it to be daylight until 9pm. I want to wear shorts and big earrings. Ummmm, I really just want summer.
In the interim, however, there is snow and ice.
This, my darling friends, is a warm, filling recipe loaded with nutrient density and deliciousness that won’t keep you from daydreaming about your healthy body in a bathing suit this upcoming swimsuit season (I swear– it will be here sooner than we think!). The cauliflower gets almost gooey, but the shramps* stay nice and crisp. I really don’t cook shramp* enough considering how simple & easy they are to cook.
Okay. I am rambling. I think my brain is still frozen.
Eat Coconut Cauli and Shramps until your blue in the face (cause if you don’t the cold weather is gona turn yo’ face blue anywayyyy; oh snaapppp).
- 1 Cauliflower, Shredded
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ½ Canned Coconut Milk, Refrigerated
- 1 can Shitakii Mushrooms, Drained
- 1 ounce Gluten Free Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 pound Shrimp, Cleaned/De-stemmed
- Basil, shredded
- Shred cauliflower in a food processor to rice consistency.
- Add 1 Tablespoon coconut oil to a large pan, let melt.
- Add the cauliflower & garlic over medium heat, stir fry until softened and browned. About 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, mushrooms, mushrooms, tamari and chili garlic sauce. Add salt & pepper to taste. Stir & let simmer, then push to the side of the pan to make room for the shrimpies!
- Add shrimp to hot pan, top with salt & pepper, stir fry until pink.
- Serve topped with shredded basil.
*Um, I think its hysterical to refer to shrimp as “shramp.” Leave me alone. <3